Lisa is the Creator and Producer of the web-based cooking show Alternative Chef Kitchen she’s also an author. She’s been a guest presenter at The Adelaide Gluten-Free Expo, a guest blogger at Health For Life Kitchen and her food-sensitivity friendly recipes have been featured in national and international magazines. She’s a mother of two and lives in Adelaide, South Australia.
Lisa completed a Bachelor of Science degree in 1997 with the intention of going on to study nutrition, however due to course restructuring and availability (and possibly fate), she ended up in medical research for 8 years during which she earned an Honours degree (in the area of reproductive biology) and was also enrolled in a PhD. It wasn’t until a friend suggested she see a naturopath for her own health problems that she discovered naturopathy and a philosophy for health and nutrition that resonated with her own personal philosophy far more than the medical model she’d been working in. After much consideration she elected to discontinue the PhD and follow her heart, leaving medical research to study her first love, nutrition (and her new passions: herbal medicine and naturopathy). In 2012, Lisa completed further study in Plant-Based nutrition and is a Trained Teacher in Natural Fertility Education.
Lisa approaches naturopathy in a broad-minded and down to earth way. Her personal experiences (as a parent and with a child with food allergies, as an adult with food sensitivities and with endometriosis) have helped her become a more practical clinician, with an appreciation of the needs of people with young families, people who are working and studying, or with demanding careers.
- Adv. Dip. Naturopathy
- Adv. Dip. Nutrition
- Adv. Dip. Western Herbal Medicine
- Cert.Comprehensive Course in the Foundations of Natural Fertility
- Cert. Plant-Based Nutrition
Full member of the National Herbalists Association of Australia (NHAA) find out more about NHAA at www.nhaa.org.au
For more information about these titles click here.
The Little Book of Allergy-Friendly Recipes
(e-book recipe collection available at Amazon, ibooks, kobo & nook)
- The Little Book of Allergy-Friendly Tasty Toppings
- The Little Book of Allergy-Friendly Sandwich Fillers
- The Little Book of Allergy-Friendly Homemade Basics
- The Little Book of Allergy-Friendly Snack & Party Food
- The Little Book of Allergy-Friendly Light Meals (coming soon in November 2017)
- The Little Book of Allergy-Friendly Desserts (coming soon in November 2017)
- The Little Book of Allergy-Friendly Christmas Recipes (2nd Edition) (coming soon in November 2017)
- The Little Book of Allergy-Friendly Main Meals (coming soon in November 2017)
- The Little Book of Allergy-Friendly Kids Party Food (coming soon in November 2017)
- The Little Book of Allergy-Friendly Breakfast Recipes (coming soon in November 2017)
The Alternative Kitchen: A beginners guide to cooking without dairy, soy, gluten, egg or meat (print book published July 2015).